AppleScript for iTunes to reformat the song/artist/album/composer title of your iTunes tracks according to the rules of proper English title case. Also corrects common song title database errors, which improperly use a grave
` instead of an apostrophe
' for contractions and possessives, and have odd spacing before and after some punctuation.
Bugs and feature suggestions can go to me on Twitter or Facebook (links below).
The current version of this script can always be found on this page.
- Added a more complete list of prepositions of four or fewer letters
- Corrected capitalization of words following a separating character
- Remove leading spaces at the start of the title
- Remove extra spaces
- Remove trailing spaces after opening brackets
- Remove leading spaces before commmas and ending brackets
- Initial Release of this fork
- Convert grave to apostrophe
< 1.0 — Proper English Title Capitalization
- Based on the original script “Proper English Title Capitalization,” by Cantus Vetustus
- His AppleScript can be downloaded here