These are the “show notes” from my half of the Master Video talk at Renaissance 2014, on January 21, 2014 at 10:30 am.
Slides, AV Script Format, and Videos
- My Slide Deck — not sure how helpful this is without the talk, but there it is.
- AV Format Markdown CSS (on GitHub) to use in BBEdit, Marked, and Ulysses
- If you’re printing out the script from BBEdit, and want the shading to print behind the video side of the script, check out the instructions in this post.
- At the moment, BBEdit doesn’t obey the CSS page break styles when printing, to avoid weird widow/orphan issues. It seems it’s an Apple Web View bug, and they are working on a solution for that.
- Final OmniOutliner View Settings “Support Short” video from The Omni Group
- Final video from MartianCraft
- Final spec spot, and a on how we did some of the special effects.
- Telestream ScreenFlow — Mac screen recording app
- App Dynamic AirServer — AirPlay to your Mac and record what you stream
- Apple Final Cut Pro — for editing
- Adobe After Effects — animation and compositing
- Imagineer Systems Mocha AE — planar tracker, to track the real crean that you’ll composite your fake screen into
- Apple Compressor — to compress file size of video to share with your team and upload to your website.
- Wipster to share work-in-progress video with clients and team members, to gather feedback.
- Vimeo, YouTube, and Video.js players to distribute your video
- Web Video Text Track (WebVTT) Specification for accessibility captions
- Jubler — subtitle editor
- Indian-head test pattern
- My Pre-Omni Video Resume
- Post Atomic Horror Unofficial Star Trek Episode Guide — Not currently available while we retool for new content and make it less broken on iOS 7, but you can still read about it.
- I’m @swizzlevixen on Twitter, and I curate the RSS feeds that power the @objectivec Twitter account, and its mirror on alpha.app.net
- The Optical podcast and blog, where I talk about how movies are made. The Optical also has a Twitter account.
- Jaws Script