As one of the fifty kajillion projects I’m constantly working on, I’ve been slowly correcting the titles of my iTunes library. Sure, when I ripped my CDs, iTunes looks them up in the CDDB/Gracenote database, but they’re not often formatted the way I like them (and neither are the ones I’ve downloaded through various other means, even ones that come straight from the artists, or surprisingly, the iTMS).
So, to promote the general well-being of my track listings, I’ve modified an existing AppleScript that will put the song, artist, composer and/or album titles of each track in proper English title case, so it will now also correct improper usage of graves
` and replace them with apostrophes
', as well as correct odd spacing issues around brackets and commas.
I tried to contact the original script writer to see if he’d like to add my updates to his script, but he seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. So, I’ve decided to host the updated script here for all to enjoy:
Please check it out, if you’re in need of some iTunes title clean-up, and let me know what you think!
You should check out my podcast about movie magic and VFX: The Optical.